20220802

822022

today

Thought i’d just immediately dump this here


It was my “first day” back at the office today from an almost 2 week working remotely due to coughing. I started my day as usual going to the office via carpool, attended face to face meetings, tried checking out some work list (which if i’m to be honest I can safely say I am more productive at home rather than at the office), had lunch with my usual lunch mates (free lunch today!), walked around outside and got snacks, spent the rest of the day finishing tasks, went out on time, went to the bookstore to check some books, walked for about 25mins (1km), went home via carpool again with intense office stories, arrived home earlier that expected, and now here I am.

Anyway! There’s really no point in this. I just want to archive that mid of my day while listening to the stories of my lunch mates I realized what i’m missing when I am at home: it’s these face to face interactions with people I share more than work rants with, listening to their stories as it matters, and learning from them. Although today I missed talking to two more people who are currently on rest leave, they are part of why I truly look forward going to the office among all things.

Of course the other side of it is that I also realized there are also stories that are just noise in the background. I end my work time with intense headache lately and today I conclude that its these unnecessary noises that was causing this thump in my head! But all I can control is myself so maybe I should just go home early or divert my attention into other form.

All in all it was a good first day. And my throat felt more comfortable today, I am grateful.