20220807

He remembered, and he kept it





FOR CONTEXT, READ THIS POST FROM 2018: NOT A PRIORITY


So here I am and I did it out on a whim. My highschool best friends and I were doing a trial podcast and our random topic was ‘ultimate crushes’ and I only had few “normal na taong” crushes (as my friend would call it because she knows I have so much celebrities and k-actors and idols I am crushing now lol) in my entire life and if I had to pick I think this guy was the ultimate one.

At 1am after the “recording” I went back to the above article and read to them that back in 2018 I wondered what if I were to message him and tell him I am that girl. And I did it. Not forced since I really wanted to just get it out there and let him know, no other intensions. It was the timing and the moment that wasn’t planned at all but then again, if not at that moment, when? I guess I was just afraid I might step on an ongoing relationship of his if there is any or that his girl may probably read my message and thought of it as a move.

Anyway, really I am not expecting anything.

I sent him a screenshot of that article and he replied the next day. He thanked me for letting him know and he said he remembers. The photo I posted from the previous post was the second letter already and he mentioned he is not sure if he ever read that but he kept the first one. The one in the index card. That photo above was from him. He showed me and confirmed if that was the letter. My letter and handwriting. All I can remember the moment I wrote the letter was that it was an exam week but I forgot what I wrote already. HE KEPT IT. HE KEPT MY LETTER.

Then he thanked me for the letters. And I thanked him not only for remembering but for also keeping this one. And that was it.

Let me type it again: HE KEPT THE LETTER. I wasn’t expecting anything so this is a big deal for me. I am just shocked and kilig at the same time that it felt organic to have an impact on someone from something I am fond of doing which was writing. I am assuming it was impactful for him so if not, hayaan na natin yung feelings ko please haha

So to you, THANK YOU! My college self would be so happy (and is probably celebrating) I am so sure!! And my current self is glad too! I hope you are and will always be well.

This chapter is signing off. :)