20220901

I took myself out on a date (part 2)

after 5 years

72222

I took myself out on a date, this time, with some plans in mind. 



It was hard for me to take a leave recently as I have no concrete reason why I should so I pushed myself hard to at least think of something I would want to do so I have proper excuse to myself why I should take a break and “rest”. Initially I wanted to do something out of my usual weekend mall runs, something I wanted to do but haven’t had the chance to, or something I usually do but this time alone. I initially wanted to make it a “self care” theme but aside from the immediate schedule I have to consider things out of control so night before this I am researching and actually planning an ‘itinerary’ per se. I am not a planner at all and this was a surprise for me to make a checklist on what I should do and try.

Morning of that day I was about to bail but didn’t let my indecisive butt win over me so I pulled myself out, was about to try this new cafe at Alabang but something was telling me to drive to Evia instead so I had a solo brunch at Another Story (their salpicao was good! Also: I had rice which is a big deal for me), called in a researched facial center (it’s been years for me), took bathroom selfies lol, decided to start reading my Murakami, tried on some clothes at Mango, spent an hour reading while having tea at Coffee Project (I got the Dilma Rose Tea but I didn’t like it much), drove to Festival and checked some cutesy kalats at Landmark, got me discounted socks and three My Little Pony toy echo microphones for my niece, had facial cleaning and paid for a subscription (such a random purchase for me but it felt like this time maybe I should try to invest in some skin care I’m not getting any younger, plus the facial was so good I felt relaxed my face felt super clean), got me new sunscreen and lipgloss, I was about to go to Molito to dine out and people watch but my sister called and said they are at S&R for some random grocery night so I followed (in which this actually saved me from traffic and parking hassle with my initial plan), got a take out caesar salad, and called it a night.

It was all good! Same as 5 years ago, I was still hesitant but i’m glad I am able to push myself for this self date I should do this more often and lthough I usually do things on my own now and experience things with loved ones, it felt nice to actually schedule a self date. I hope it won’t take me another five to do this again.

I’m glad I am able to work on my indecisiveness. I am still! But this time more managed since I now know what I want. I have to work on getting out of my comfort zone though.


Read: I took my self out on a date (part 1)