20230320

I keep coming back to you

02-03/23

Since I first saw the sundown in Boracay last 2016, I have always been open in here that I always want to go back and experience it again. Not sure really what’s in there and clearly I have not seen all the beautiful sundown spots but there is really something in Boracay that makes me want to keep coming back.



The first time I went here was for a work trip, I was brokenhearted, and the sundown made it quite clear to me that there is more to life than the heartache. And years later, I was able to go back.

Last year I was with friends—-

0222 0222 0222


—it was fun, all we did then was do all the activities, swim, and basically just a full day hang out with your barkada. So much has happened since that trip I cannot even begin what even happened BUT ANYWAY all is in its place now. Things could be better but at least its a step back to where things were.

ANYWAY ANYWAY, this year, I went back again with Chels and our one clear goal was to eat and do nothing. And we delivered! LOL



Chels and I rode different airlines for both departure and arrival back in Manila since we both have credits with our separate accounts. It was definitely an experience especially for me since it was a first that I go out on a trip alone. I pray this is the real kick start of my long overdue solo trips.



It was a bit gloomy the first two days, until the third day the sun was able to show. The only time we did swim was on our last full day at umulan pa lol

Here’s our  daily chill routine: we wake up at around 8am, breakfast at the hotel, prep to go out, we either just sit and chill by the shore or look for a nearby cafe, have lunch, go back to the hotel to rest and re-charge our devices, head back to the beach front to await if there will be any sunsets.

Last year, although napakalumot talaga hindi naman maulan. This year, no lumot halos but maulan.

02-03/23

We took turns in deciding where to eat. Here are our restau recos that we tried:

- Boracay Beach Truck, D’Mall (keri lang pero please look for more options)
- Sunny Side Cafe, Station 4 (big servings. I got the adobo and its gewd)
- Spice Bird, D’ Mall (sarap!!!)
- Nonie’s, Station X Hue (my fave among all!)
- Real Coffee, Station 4? (you can never go wrong + the view is spot on!)
- Mr. D La Bettola (surprisingly good!)
- Blackfish Cafe
- BALAI Seafood Restaurant (finally seafood paluto pero mas sulit sya kung madami kayo since yung paluto mismo is a bit pricey)
- Back Beach Burger (yes to this burger!)
- Cafe Maruja

+++please to always have mango shake (or any shake and potato corner) while at the beach front for a better experience hahaha

02-03/23

02-03/23

Haaayy! It was definitely a trip under my core memory. So thankful for the solo trip experience, the 7kg baggage challenge (as a heavy packer this is a challenge), for Chels (and that we didn’t fight haha), and for the experience. I was feeling so confused and so tired with everything lately and being able to go on a trip to refresh and set my mind right was a luxury. Ang pagmumuni muni ay isang kayaman.

I will try to go back every year at the least.